St. Vincent and Sarah Fisher Center moved to its next level of operation:
- Workforce development and family learning programs at the Center were launched.
- Expansion of Board of Trustees – several new members with corporate affiliations joined the Board, which was critically important, due to the untimely passing of two members.
- Children’s program reached new levels of success:
- Highest level of volunteer support in the last 10 years
- Highest level of improvement in a single semester for every single student
- Adult GED® Program made some significant strides forward:
- Surpassed GED® Certification “graduations” by 20%
- Launched a pilot program at COTS (Coalition on Temporary Shelter) of providing education to the transient population, which has demonstrated amazing results, including a graduate within six months.
- Securing a Community Development Block Grant from the City of Detroit in support of the program
- SVSF’s Executive Director/CEO, Diane Renaud, was elected Chair of the Southeast Michigan Public Policy Council, for Michigan Non-Profit Association, which also enables her to sit on the State Board. Public Policy has taken on an expanded role for the Center, which is critically important when securing funding.