Free Children’s Summer Program
The program consists of:
- Individual and group learning assistance with grade appropriate lesson plans.
- Creative and challenging learning activities; educational games and interactive activities that introduce new learning opportunities in reading and math.
- STEM, urban gardening, nutrition, and social-emotional learning opportunities for additional educational exposure.
- “Fun Friday” Celebration at the end of session to celebrate student’s successes.
*** Schedule Subject to Change Due to COVID-19 Pandemic ***
- Completion of kindergarten, first, second, third, fourth or fifth grade during the previous school year.
- Please register early. Space is limited and enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Due to Coronovirus = For Schedule Updates, Call Melissa Gonzales, Children’s Program Director
- FREE: No cost for the program, but consistent attendance is mandatory.
- Transportation to and from the Center is not provided during the summer program.
- Children are provided a meal each day.
- Parent can answer yes to the following statements to determine basic eligibility:
- My child enjoys reading and being read to.
- My child would benefit from individualized reading and math assistance.
- My child demonstrates the ability to function positively in individual and group settings.
- Mandatory parental support:
- Assures consistent attendance.
- Encourages and supports student participation and learning.
- Willingness to communicate regularly with staff.
To register for children’s tutoring, please visit our Main Campus at 14061 Lappin Street, Detroit, MI 48205-2374 to complete a Children’s Program application.
Online applications are not available at this time.
If you have any questions please contact the Children’s Program Director,
Melissa Gonzales at (313) 495-0473 or email@example.com.