Free Children’s Summer Program
Begins July 10, 2018 for six weeks. Meets weekly on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Our Children’s Summer Program is a six week learning program, beginning July 10, 2018, aimed at first through fifth graders. In addition to helping these children build their reading and math skills, we provide students with experiences that they do not have in their typical school classroom.
Due to the fact that children often do not retain information from the previous school year, our program is focused on creating a year-round learning environment, to prevent summer math and reading loss. We also provide students who need a little extra help to work at or above their grade level in reading and math. And we challenge students to take advantage of the enhancement of basic skills when they return to school in the fall — ready to excel.
The program consists of:
- Individual and group learning assistance with grade appropriate lesson plans.
- Creative and challenging learning activities; educational games and interactive activities that introduce new learning opportunities in reading and math.
A Children’s Learning Lab to ensure that our students are exposed not only to learning programs, but also to computer skills that they will need in order to stay competitive in life.
- Educational Field Trips to broaden the horizons of our kids.
- Finally, the children will be able to use their math and reading skills in a real life situation, while learning science as well – through our Children’s Urban Garden.
- An end of the Summer BBQ.
Help your child have a great summer!
- Completion of first, second, third, or fourth grade during the previous school year.
- Please register early. Space is limited and enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Meets weekly on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Begins July 10, 2018.
- FREE: No cost for the program, but consistent attendance is mandatory.
- Transportation to and from the Center is not provided during the summer program.
- Parent can answer yes to the following statements:
- My child enjoys reading and being read to.
- My child would benefit from individualized reading and math assistance.
- My child demonstrates the ability to function positively in a group setting.
- Mandatory parental support:
- Assures consistent attendance.
- Encourages and supports student participation and learning.
To register for children’s tutoring, please visit our Main Campus at 16800 Trinity St. Detroit, MI 48219 to complete a Children’s Program application. Online applications will not be accepted. If you have any questions please contact the Children’s Program Director, Melissa Gonzales at (313) 535-9200 ext. 3117 or email@example.com.
Children’s Summer Program Gallery
[gallery_bank type=”images” format=”thumbnail” title=”false” desc=”false” responsive=”true” special_effect=”” animation_effect=”” album_title=”false” album_id=”1″]